A Little Bit About Your New Employer
In this unique opportunity, you’ll get the chance to work for well recognised and highly regarded Not-For-Profit indigenous organisation.
Your Exciting, New Role
Based in Cairns, but with very regular travel to the remote communities, through the use of supporting methodologies, you’ll assist clients to make informed choices and seize opportunities for a better life. You’ll help clients develop a long term vision to manage money, build capabilities through financial literacy and behavioural change and build assets through saving and disciplined money management. The Team Leader will provide you will all the support and direction you may need. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for face to face and telephone financial counselling services for clients seeking access or referral to a financial counsellor
- Conducting follow ups with clients to ensure their continued progression
- Providing financial capability training to clients and groups
- Mentoring and supporting staff and new team members
- Assisting clients to address their financial situations and make informed decisions, through delivery of sound coaching principles and techniques
You’ll be based out of Cairns and but will regularly be packing a bag to travel to some semi-remote locations, so you’ll need to have the flexibility to pack up & leave when needed.
The Skills You Bring
- You must hold a Diploma of Community (Financial Counselling)
- You must hold/or be eligible/willing to obtain membership of the Financial and Consumer Rights Council;
- You must hold a Certificate IV Training and Assessment;
- You’ll have strong interpersonal skills so that you can build strong relationships and rapport with clients;
- You’ll have the ability to communicate effectively with all walks of life;
- You’ll have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and be responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively;
- You’ll have a passion for community and a willingness to assist individuals and groups to achieve a better life;
- You’re a natural communicator with the oral and written communication skills to match.
What’s In It For You!
This is an exciting opportunity and you’ll definitely be receiving a generous salary package, as well as gaining ‘hands on’ experience working within an Indigenous community. Subsidised accommodation will be provided.
Come and register with us NOW so that we can chat with you about this exciting opportunity!
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 14344/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!