A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This is a sought after opportunity to join a progressive, well respected organisation working closely with local communities and existing service providers to promote a seamless healthcare system throughout Far North Queensland. This is a Federally funded Not-For Profit health care organisation who genuinely value and support their employees. Ultimately, their main aim is to identify health issues and activities specific to the needs of each community.
Focussed on continuous improvement, they’re experts in their field and are acknowledged to be an established and dynamic organisation.
Your Exciting, New Role
Joining their busy Cairns team, the General Manager will be managing and leading the Indigenous Health Program team, engagement activities and initiatives to encourage and promote positive health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities. In this challenging and rewarding position, you‘ll be focussed on building and maintaining effective relationships with relevant stakeholders across the region. The Chief Operations Officer will be your direct supervisor, providing you with all the support and direction you might need.
The Skills You Bring
- You have tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in management, within a health related or human services field;
- You have experience working across multiple regional areas managing multifaceted and multi-stakeholder health programs and you’re a total pro at managing multiple competing priorities to achieve specific targets;
- You have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Having worked in a similar role, you have the ability to develop, manage and deliver projects on time and to budget whilst ensuring quality requirements are met;
- You have proven success in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategy, quality improvement initiatives and frameworks within the health care or community services sector;
- You pride yourself on your drive and determination to deliver excellence in rapidly changing fast paced environments;
- When it comes to organising, you’re a total pro at taking initiative and meeting deadlines;
- Your effective leadership skills and experience make it a breeze to liaise and negotiate with a wide range of organisations and people at all levels;
- You have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and you’re responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively;
- You have a good understanding of current issues affecting Aboriginal communities;
- You have a passion for community and a willingness to assist individuals and groups to achieve a better life;
- You hold a clear National Police Check certificate, a QLD Working with Children (Blue Card) and current QLD Drivers Licence.
You’ll be packing a bag to travel to some semi-remote locations at times in this role, so you’ll need to have the flexibility to pack up & leave when needed.
What’s In It For You!
This is permanent full time position and a generous salary package will be negotiated based on experience. You will gain ‘hands on’ experience working within an Indigenous community while also working in a rapidly evolving environment.
Come and register with us NOW so that we can chat with you about this exciting opportunity!
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 14735/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!