A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a progressive Not-for-Profit organisation experiencing an unprecedented period of growth. You’ll be working alongside a motivated and passionate team who are aligned with the Family Violence Prevention Legal Service Program.
Your Exciting, New Role
Servicing the Far North Queensland Region, based in beautiful Cairns, they want you to come and help consolidate their strong reputation for providing high quality legal representation and advice to clients who are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims of family violence and/or sexual assault.
You will have a background in and a passion for a variety of areas of Law including Family Law, Family and Domestic Violence, Child Protection and Victims Assist Matters and your expertise in these areas of Law will be very much relied upon.
The Skills You Bring
- You hold a Degree in Law, an Unrestricted Practising Certificate and have 4-6 years PAE
- Family Law is one of your strongest passions and you have demonstrated experience in legal practice areas such as; Child Protection, Family and Domestic Violence and Victims Compensation and Assistance
- Great communication is the key in this role and you’re a natural at it with the ability to communicate effectively with all walks of life
- Local community engagement will be a regular aspect of your role
- You have cultural understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
You’ll be packing a bag and travelling to semi-remote locations regularly, so you’ll need to have the flexibility to pack up & leave as required and part of your role will be attending outreach and visiting the beautiful surroundings of Far North Queensland.
What’s In It For You!
You will be getting a competitive salary package, which includes a travel allowance, salary sacrifice options, five weeks’ annual leave, relocation assistance and an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation with a very worthy cause.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 14635/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!