A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Located in a small and beautiful community that is close to the West coast of the Gulf of Carpentaria in the South-Western region of the Cape York Peninsula. This is a fantastic opportunity to see and experience a fascinating part of tropical Far North Queensland and to work within an organisation focussing on the community they live in.
Your Exciting, New Role
You’re in charge of promoting and managing the effective operation of the Office of the Chief Executive Officer by providing high level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, Mayor and Councillors. The Chief Executive Officer will be your direct supervisor and can provide you with all the support and direction you might need.
The Skills You Bring
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in local government administration, business or similar would be highly regarded
- Having worked in a similar position you’ll need to have the ability to summarise information concisely and accurately from written and verbal sources
- You’re a natural communicator with the oral and written communication skills to match
- Accomplishing tasks with high attention to detail is a passion of yours
- When it comes to organising, you’re a total pro at setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Team work is a must in this role, helping the team meet and exceed goals through your supportive, positive and proactive demeanour
- Your understanding of Microsoft products and PC based applications is astonishing
- You pride yourself on your fast and accurate typing speeds and have knowledge of agenda and minutes management
- You understand the importance of confidentiality, having a background working with information of a sensitive nature
- You’ll have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and be responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
- You’ll support a diverse, equitable and safe workplace
You’ll be highly regarded if you have lived in remote areas and/or aboriginal communities.
What’s In It For You!
This is a Full Time contract, you’ll be receiving above award rates and will gain hands on experience working within an Indigenous community. Subsidised accommodation will be provided. You will rarely see an opportunity quite like this one again!
Job Reference: 15126/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!