A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Located in a small, remote and beautiful part of the Cape York Peninsula, you will be joining an established, well respected organisation and will be assisting them in a rapidly developing township.
Your Exciting, New Role
Joining a supportive work environment, you will ensure the smooth operation, compliance, and high quality of care to fragile aged and disabled clients adhering to budget requirements and client needs.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop, manage and ensure delivery of program services ensuring they are compliant with legislation, standards, contractual requirements and internal policy
- Develop, lead and motivate a team
- Manage risks and issues arising in the course of service management
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Advise and consult with all relevant parties regarding complex and sensitive matters in accordance with the programs and policies
As much as this is a permanent full time role our client is open to reviewing applications of candidates who are happy to work on a short term contract basis (2-3 months).
You will have significant direct contact with members of the community, employees, consumers, their advocates and/or carers and the Director Community Services will be your direct supervisor.
The Skills You Bring
- You have a minimum tertiary qualification - Human Services or a related field
- Ideally, you have a minimum 5 years' experience working in a similar role
- You are a natural communicator with outstanding time management, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- You have a commitment to the high quality care and protection of clients
- You have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and be responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
- Team work is a must in this role, leading the team to achieve successful outcomes
- You have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of carers
- You have proven success in managing services and programs with a budget
- You pride yourself on your organisation skills and your drive and determination to deliver high quality results, meet deadlines and service standards
- You have a clear Federal Police Check
What’s In It For You!
You will receive a generous salary package and will gain ‘hands on’ experience working within an Indigenous community. Subsidised accommodation will be provided, along with a range of other incentives and benefits, including a remote allowance.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 15137/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!