A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Working within the community, this Government organisation contributes to a fair and balanced approach to the administration of justice for young people in order to hold them accountable for their actions.
Your Exciting, New Role
This is a part time 3-6 month temporary contract. You will provide supervision and support to young people subject to a youth justice intervention.
Key responsibilities include:
- supporting a program coordinator
- providing supervision and support to young people to assist with their compliance of court orders and reintegration into the community in accordance with the case plan
- negotiating with other agencies to enhance access to services and maintaining records of program attendance
- preparing reports to assist case planning and reviews and attending meetings as required
The role is Based in Cairns, however you will need to travel to various areas at times in this role, so you will need to have the flexibility to travel when needed.
The Skills You Bring
- Ideally, you have a minimum 2 years' experience working in a similar role
- You have a passion for the community and a willingness to assist and coach individuals and groups to achieve a better life
- You have strong interpersonal skills so you can confidently interact, motivate and inspire young people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- You have the ability to build positive relationships and rapport with a range of people including clients, team members, internal and external stakeholders
- You are a natural communicator with outstanding time management, conflict resolution and negotiation skills to diffuse volatile situations
- You understand the importance of having a strong work ethic, it’s second nature to you
- You have a Suitability Card for Child Related Employment and Clear Federal Police Check and a current driver’s license
- You have demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills
- You have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and be responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
What’s In It For You!
You will be receiving a generous hourly rate will get the opportunity to work for an organisation with a very worthy cause.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 517539/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!