A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This organisation concentrates on the community and is part of a small, remote and beautiful region located on the tropical West Coast of Cape York, Far North Queensland.
Your Exciting, New Role
Their Centre is an accredited provider of aged care and disability services. This role is designed to guide and mentor older people to meet the challenges of ageing with dignity, pride love and compassion. Major responsibilities of the role will include;
- Conducting client assessments and care planning
- Planning and providing nutritious meals in line with client’s individual needs
- Supervision and training of up to 17 staff
- Providing personal services and mentoring to up to 50 clients
- Office duties and database management
- Prioritise and reallocate jobs where necessary
The Skills You Bring
- You have tertiary qualifications such as Certificate III in Aged Care, Primary Health Care or Management
- You have a current national police clearance certificate and a QLD Blue Card
- You have the ability to obtain a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Cook Qualifications are highly desirable
- Having worked in a similar position you have experience in solution based thinking, along with demonstrated empathy to meet the needs of older people
- Team work is essential as you will be leading and supervising the team to achieve positive outcomes in coordination with agreed budgets
- You understand the importance of having a strong work ethic, it’s second nature to you
- You are a natural communicator with the oral and written communication skills to match
- You are culturally responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
What’s In It For You!
You will be rewarded with a generous salary package and the opportunity to work in a diverse and interesting role. Subsidised accommodation in a fully furnished house is provided.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 520770/VS