A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is a leading construction company in Far North Queensland that has a wide ranging experience in development, new build, refurbishment and fitouts. Being awarded the responsibility of constructing several major projects that will play an integral role in the further development of Cairns and the surrounding region, your new employer has an enviable reputation for delivering a seamless property service from conception to completion.
Your Exciting, New Role
This highly respected industry leader is seeking a Site Supervisor to join their busy team, to oversee all construction activities on site. You will work directly alongside the Site Manager with an experienced project team to deliver the project successfully. As Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for site establishment, co-ordination of subcontractors, suppliers, and materials deliveries.
The Skills You Bring
You will require a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Site Supervisor.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Ensure site workers competency, qualifications; training and licencing are applicable and current;
- Assist in the development, implement and review in consultation with key stakeholder’s site specific management plans;
- Oversee site compliance with applicable legislation, Codes of Practices and Australian standards;
- Quarantine unsafe work areas, materials, plant and equipment;
- Ensure that safe work practices and procedures are implemented and adhered to;
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained in a safe condition, with guards and safety devices in place and a regular program of maintenance established;
- Conduct regular site inspections to identify potential problems and hazards and when necessary, arrange assessment of potential hazards and institute control measures;
- Establish Health and Safety Committee (HSC) if required to do so in accordance to applicable legislation;
- Support and assist with the rehabilitation of employees who have been injured at work, by encouraging their early return to normality through work based rehabilitation programs;
- Ensure that all persons on-site receive site specific Induction training and arrange other on the job training when required;
- Ensure there is appropriate, safe access to and from the site at all times;
- Schedule works on a day to day basis to meet project programme;
- Direct subcontractors, labourers, trades or apprentices and co-ordinate their scope of works in accordance with the project program;
- Communicate problems or delays to the Site Manager, as well as keeping them up to date with general progress on a daily basis;
- Ability in reading project plans, take measurements, estimates or quantities of materials, arranging the ordering as may be required, checking deliveries, monitoring product to ensure fit for purpose;
Other experience deemed important include:
- A medium level of understanding applicable legislation, Codes of Practices and Australian Standards e.g. BCIPA, National Construction Code, AS2124 General Conditions of Contract, AS4300 General Conditions of contract for design and construct and their application;
- Successful completion of CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry;
- A Current Queensland Driver’s Licence.
- Current First Aid First Aid.
What’s In It For You!
This is a full time permanent position offering a rewarding salary and the opportunity to play an integral role in the development of projects integral to a thriving local community.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 15059/BD
Please click on the image below to apply now!