A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is a community based agency that provides information, support and referral for families in crisis. They have a strong belief that affordable and secure housing is a basic human right that should be provided within a framework of collaboration, support, empowerment and advocacy.
Your Exciting, New Role
Reporting directly to the CEO and Treasurer of the Board, you will be responsible for the daily Financial and Administrative management of the agency, including the presentation of a budget and financial reports to the board and funding bodies.
The Skills You Bring
To be considered for this role, you will require:
- A current CA or CPA (or equivalent) qualification;
- A demonstrated knowledge, experience and skills in financial and accounting practices in addition to office administration systems and processes, including information technology;
- Extensive experience in bookkeeping, salary sacrificing;
- Experience in the preparation and processing of Business Activity Statements (BAS) and PAYG;
- Experience preparing financial statements ready for audit;
- A demonstrated experience in preparing budgets and coordinating the management of finances across multiple programs;
- Experience in preparing and processing purchase orders, invoices and cheques in addition to electronic batch payments;
- Experience in the reconciliation of petty cash;
- Experience in preparing and processing payroll including the coordination and distribution of Group Certificates;
- Experience in preparing detailed financial reports inclusive of Balance Sheets, Profit and Loss with Budget Reports, Actual versus Budget Reports, Trade Debtors and Creditors Register, Property Income and Expenditure Reports, Bank Reconciliation Reports, NILS Schedule of Income and Expenditure;
- Previous experience in processing Grant Acquittals;
- A demonstrated knowledge, interpretation and application of Awards and Legislation including but not exclusive of Australian Taxation legislation and Associations Incorporation Act;
- An understanding of and commitment to a positive team culture and the continuous improvement of the position and work area;
- A demonstrated ability to work under limited direction from the CEO and/or Board in order to keep abreast of trends and changes so that priorities are established and work flows are accordingly monitored.
What’s In It For You!
A rewarding salary package is on offer in addition to the ability to access generous tax concessions attributable to working for a not for profit organisation.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 549088/BD