A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Located in a small, remote and beautiful part of the Western side of the Cape York Peninsula. Ultimately, you will be joining an established, well respected organisation and will be assisting them in a rapidly developing township. This is an ideal opportunity to see and experience a fascinating part of Far North Queensland and to work within a business focussing on the community they live in.
Your Exciting, New Role
You are in charge of promoting and managing Workplace Health and Safety, by contributing to the ongoing development of a safe working environment. Working within a supportive environment, you will also be responsible for:
- ensuring training requirements are met and that the appropriate training is sourced and that training activity costs are monitored
- managing Workers Compensation and ensuring return to work legal requirements are met
You will have significant direct contact with members of the community, employees, managers and external training providers and the Human Resources Manager will be your direct supervisor, providing you with all the support and direction you might need.
The Skills You Bring
- You have at least 3 years’ experience under your belt working in a WHS role
- You need minimum tertiary qualification - Certificate IV in WHS and Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- You have demonstrated knowledge of training subsidies and the training framework
- Having worked in a similar position, you are an expert in WHS legislation
- You are a natural communicator with outstanding time management, conflict resolution and negotiation skills to diffuse volatile situations
- You are tech savvy and your grasp of the Microsoft Office suite is astonishing
- Team work is a must in this role, helping the team to achieve successful outcomes
- Obviously, you are organised, a self-starter and can work with limited direction and supervision
- You have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and be responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
What’s In It For You!
This is a full time permanent role, you will receive a generous salary package and will gain ‘hands on’ experience working within an Indigenous community. Subsidised accommodation will be provided.
Come and register with us NOW so that we can chat with you about this exciting opportunity!
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 14956/VS
Please click on the footer below to apply now!