A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Our client is an employer of choice within the Cairns region. Currently offering a diverse range of employment opportunities, our client has received numerous awards in many different disciplines, in recognition of their commitment to providing exceptional customer service to their clients and stakeholders.
Your Exciting, New Role
In this role, you will perform a range of business analysis tasks relating to the design, build and implementation of Information Technology projects. You will liaise with key project stakeholders to deliver outcomes that best meet the organisation’s overall needs. You will also assist with the development of innovative and creative solutions, taking into account new and developing technology directions, commercially available in a rapidly evolving marketplace.
Your keys responsibilities will include:
- Collect, document and analyse business requirements and devise and recommend solution concepts to meet business needs and achieve business benefits;
- Produce functional specifications and assist technical staff in detailed solution design as required;
- Ensure solutions align with corporate policies, objectives and strategies;
- Work with technical staff to ensure relevant technologies are applied to business needs;
- Adhere to team and corporate standards and policies;
- Conduct process mapping for current and future business processes;
- Identify reports used within the documented processes. Assist the business in determining which reports are still required, and which (future) system they will be generated from;
- Ensure reporting requirements are documented, developed, tested and implemented in line with the overall project plans;
- Contribute to the design and development of test plans for use with the prototype and test systems (including identifying test scenarios and providing test data);
- Conduct prototype testing, documenting test results in the approved format. Conduct further testing where changes are implemented or contribute to the development of additional business requirements;
- Assist in identifying and documenting data required for data cleansing and migration activities;
- Accurately document the current and target data mapping activities to the agreed standards.
The Skills You Bring
To be considered for this role you will need to possess:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant professional qualifications in Information Management, Information Technology (IT), Business Analysis or Project Management related discipline.
- Significant demonstrated experience as an IT Business Analyst;
- Previous experience working on IT projects / programs.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing business process improvement using Six Sigma or Lean methodologies or similar.
- Proven experience in in-house and external software development and implementation including participating in software defect triage and remediation activities.
- Experience with creating business cases and business requirements documentation.
- Experience in writing functional, non-functional and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to write test plans and cases.
- Proven analytical skills and use of business analysis techniques;
- Experience in producing system based procedure manuals and end user training materials.
- Outstanding stakeholder management and relationship building skills;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including workshop facilitation skills.
- Previous experience within Australian, State or Local Government would be advantageous;
- Solid knowledge of project lifecycle methodologies such as Prince2, PMBOK or similar.
What’s In It For You!
A rewarding remuneration package is on offer plus the opportunity to play an integral role in the growth and development of the organisation.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 491028/BD
Please click on the image below to apply now!