A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This is a sought after opportunity to join a progressive, well respected organisation working closely with local communities and existing service providers to promote a seamless healthcare system throughout Far North Queensland. This is a Federally funded Not-For Profit health care organisation who genuinely value and support their employees. Ultimately, their main aim is to identify health issues and activities specific to the needs of each community.
Focussed on continuous improvement, they’re experts in their field and are acknowledged to be an established and dynamic organisation.
Your Exciting, New Role
This is a 12 month contract reporting directly to the Chief Corporate Officer. In this role, you will:
- Provide strategic advice and support in relation to the collection, use, storage and governance of data and information relevant to the primary health care sector through the development of an Information and Data strategy and associated implementation plan;
- Develop a comprehensive data and business intelligence environment (including governance) that meets the needs of our client and leverages other State and National initiatives where relevant;
- Lead the design and implementation of a robust data governance framework for project and program data;
- Provide high quality data and analytic support to health needs assessments and service needs mapping;
- Review existing data repositories and provide advice on areas of improvement;
- Implement new data and information policies and processes where agreed;
- Ensure appropriate processes, documentation and tools are in place to optimise the use of available data in a reliable and professional manner;
- Streamline current project/program management and reporting processes to provide a more agile and transparent environment that supports the needs of staff and external service providers;
- Assist in leading internal and external reporting requirements;
- Support service delivery teams with advice on performance metrics, analysis and reporting;
- Lead and manage reporting activities to support projects and programs including any Department of Health requirements;
- Provide strategic and operational advice on development of existing business systems and/or the selection of future business systems where requested.
The Skills You Bring
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in information/data management;
- Experience working with Qlik Sense, SharePoint, SQL and MS-office products;
- Strong track record leading the delivery of technical database/business intelligence services in a complex service industry;
- A strong understanding of digital health and use of emerging technology within the primary and aged healthcare sectors;
- Demonstrated experience in researching, critically analysing and interpreting health literature and data;
- Demonstrated experience in extracting, analysing; interrogating and communicating data from large, complex datasets;
- Previous experience translating strategy priorities into operational reality, in addition to aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measureable and sustainable results;
- Previous experience identifying and driving organizational and cultural change needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalysing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services;
- High level of professionalism and commitment to achieving required objectives in a timely manner;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- A strong commitment to policy, procedures and systems, and ability to lead and implement compliance;
- A current Queensland Drivers licence;
- A valid National Police Check not less than 3 months old;
- Qualifications in health and project management highly desirable;
- Previous experience working in the health sector.
What’s In It For You!
This is a 12 month contract position with an attractive base salary on offer. You will have the opportunity to play an integral role in improving the provision of effective health services within the community.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 493724/BD