A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a progressive Not-for-Profit organisation experiencing an unprecedented period of growth. You’ll be working alongside a motivated and passionate team. They’re aligned with the National Family Violence Prevention Program.
Your Exciting, New Role
Based in the beautiful tropical city of Cairns, they want you to come and help preserve their strong reputation for providing high quality legal representation and advise to clients, in the family law jurisdictions and to deliver community legal education programs.
Part of your role will be to provide free legal services, welfare, support, advocacy and community education to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims of family violence and/or sexual assault.
You will have a background in and a passion for a variety of areas of Law including Family Law, Family and Domestic Violence, Child Protection and Victims Assist Matters and your expertise in these areas of Law will be very much relied upon.
The Skills You Bring
- You’ll need to be tertiary qualified in Law and a Legal Practitioner within the State of Queensland
- You’ll need to hold an Unrestricted Practising Certificate
- Family Law is one of your strongest passions and you’ll have demonstrated experience in legal practice areas such as; Child Protection, Family and Domestic Violence and Victims Compensation and Assistance
- Great communication is the key in this role and you’re a natural at it with the ability to communicate effectively with all walks of life
- You’re a natural leader offering a personable, driven and respectful leadership style
- You will have cultural understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
You’ll be packing a bag and travelling to some semi-remote locations at times in this role so you’ll need to have the flexibility to pack up & leave when needed and part of your role will be attending outreach and visiting the beautiful surroundings of Cairns.
What’s In It For You!
You will be getting a competitive salary package which includes travel allowance, and salary sacrifice options and an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation with a very worthy cause.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 14635/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!