A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is a family owned and locally operated company and is the number one hardware business in Northern Queensland. They’re looking for someone for an immediate start to join their energetic team, in this busy and varied role.
Your Exciting, New Role
Due to an internal promotion and continued growth, an opportunity exists for an experienced building product and hardware retail manager who has a proven background in retail management with a specialisation in timber, building and/or hardware.
Experienced Managers or Assistant Managers who have the technical knowledge, leadership, sales and commercial skills will be highly regarded.
The Skills You Bring
- You will get the opportunity to work in a dynamic and varied position within a well-established organisation. A generous salary is on offer, along with the opportunity to work in a busy and challenging role. Proven retail management experience;
- Experience in timber, hardware and building products;
- Knowledge of stock management;
- Knowledge of retail / point of sale systems;
- Ability to lead and develop a team;
- Knowledge of budgets and relevant P&L experience;
- Prior experience as a Category Manager (desirable);
- Customer focussed, with ability to resolve customer issues;
- High attention to detail;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Safety focussed with ability to promote and implement a safe system of work;
- Ability to influence others;
- Previous experience in designing and implementing sales strategies.
What’s In It For You!
You will get the opportunity to work in a dynamic and varied position within a well-established organisation. A generous salary is on offer, along with the opportunity to work in a busy and challenging role.
Job Reference: 15077/BD