A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Working in a tight knit team, you will get the chance to work with one of Cairns first choice construction companies with a strong reputation for delivering the most interesting projects. They are a major contributor to the development of local business in Cairns and they pride themselves on providing the highest quality standard of services to their clients.
Your Exciting, New Role
This highly respected industry leader is seeking a dynamic Senior Contracts Administrator to join their busy team, ensuring the quality and profitability of their project. You will be responsible for the management of contracts and administration, throughout the project life cycle.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- To co-ordinate and direct the projects direct reports, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure relevant materials meet contract requirements.
- Liaising with subcontractors to ensure all relevant insurances are obtained.
- Contribute to the tendering and Head Contract review process.
- Analyse schedules to track project progress, cost forecasting and budgets.
- Ensure subcontractor agreements are compliant with applicable legislation.
- Regularly review compliance and reporting.
The Skills You Bring
- Have a minimum 2 years' experience in Contracts Administration or in a similar role working in the construction industry, ideally on Tier 1 or 2 commercial projects.
- You have an excellent ability to work under pressure and you are focused on getting results
- Obviously you know all about principles and practices of contract management, program financial management, risk and opportunity management, performance reporting, budget preparation and administration.
- An understanding of the value of time, budget and quality in relation to the performance of projects.
- Experience in reading and understanding project drawings, plans and specifications.
- You are a natural communicator with the liaison & negotiation skills to match
- You are tech savvy and your grasp of the Microsoft Office suite is astonishing
- Accomplishing tasks with high attention to detail is a passion of yours
- You pride yourself on your "can do" attitude and you have the ability to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible/ innovative approach to problems and opportunities
What’s In It For You!
This is a full time permanent position and you will definitely be receiving above award rates. You will rarely find an opportunity quite like this one!
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: SNRCON/ST
Please click on the image below to apply now!