A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is a leading construction company in Far North Queensland that has a wide ranging experience in development, new build, refurbishment and fitouts. Being awarded the responsibility of constructing several major projects that will play an integral role in the further development of Cairns and the surrounding region, your new employer has an enviable reputation for delivering a seamless property service from conception to completion.
Your Exciting, New Role
This highly respected industry leader is seeking a HSEQ Administrator to join their busy team, ensuring the quality and profitability of their project. You will be responsible for providing the project team members with supportive and collaborative guidance for Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) compliance. Ensuring best practice and execution of an Integrated Management System (IMS) into every aspect of project delivery.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Steering project personnel to integrate relevant legislation and behaviours into operational systems and practices.
- To implement and maintain the project HSEQ Management Plan (HSEQMP).
- Provide professional support and advice to the project management team on HSEQ matters.
- Assist employees and subcontractors in respect of compliance with relevant legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements.
The Skills You Bring
You will require previous experience in the following:
- Experience in implementing and maintaining site specific Work Health and Safety Management Plans;
- Engage project team members to maximise project improvements in HSEQ performance;
- Identify project risks and develop measures using risk management tools to reduce and control identified risks;
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the project specific HSEQMP, plans and site rules;
- Maintain the project site specific HSEQMP;
- Prepare significant incident reports and co-ordinate investigation;
- Advise Site managers/Supervisors and workers in the implementation of strategies to identify and control potential hazards;
- Advise Client representatives where required on matters pertaining to HSEQ compliance;
- Advising the project team on the application of legislative requirements to the project;
- Evaluate and make recommendations pertaining to HSEQ requirements to the HSEQ Manager based on HSEQ issues;
- Submission of Monthly Project reports in required timeframes;
Other experience deemed important include:
- Minimum Cert IV OHS;
- Successful completion of CPCCOHS1001A Work Safely in the Construction Industry.
- Current Queensland driver’s licence.
- Current First Aid
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite;
What’s In It For You!
This is a full time permanent position offering a rewarding salary and the opportunity to play an integral role in the development of projects that are integral to a thriving local community.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 15058/BD
Please click on the image below to apply now!