A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Working in a tight knit team, you will get the chance to work with one of the largest employers in Cairns, connecting people, places, good and services, safely, efficiently and effectively whilst showing a commitment to the system of government. This organisation offers a culture of integrity, accountability and transparency.
Your Exciting, New Role
You are in charge of identifying and coordinating a wide range of communications and engagement strategies, providing strategic communication services to technical and professional staff for community engagement, issues management, media relations, public affairs and stakeholder relationship management. This is a short term temporary position based in the beautiful tropical city of Cairns and your expertise in communications will be very much relied upon.
The Skills You Bring
- You KNOW Project Management and its associated principles – you have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- You have a passion forcommunity engagement and building and influencing partnerships to drive and inform business strategy
- You are a natural communicator with the oral and written communication skills to match
- You have experience managing media relationships and political challenges and preparing communication materials for media releases and ministerial briefings
- You are culturally responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
- Bring consistency and artistic quality to external advertisements, brochures, displays, electronic mailings, signage and various events and you have a strong passion for digital marketing
What’s In It For You!
A generous hourly rate is on offer and the opportunity to further develop your career in the Communications field.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 14912/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!