This is an opportunity to play a key role in a growing and rapidly evolving Australian based business, with both international presence and backing in the agricultural space.
Based in Queensland, the Commodity Services Manager will be tasked with maximising returns through your responsibility for futures and currency, market analysis, and grower interaction. Reporting to the Business Unit General Manager, this role presents career growth opportunities as the business evolves into related product space, and enhances its processing business.
As a senior member of the marketing team, you will work closely with growers across regions, and internally with finance and administration managers, and report to Executive Team and Committees as required. While the business stands alone, there is a strong interaction with our international shareholders.
The Skills You Bring
This is a significant role with career upside, and will require:
- Strong, hands-on hedging and currency experience
- An excellent understanding of bulk commodities and how market fundamentals influence commodity values
- An appropriate level of education
- Possess or develop a good understanding of a dynamic storage and handling environment, and how coupled with seasonality, it influences price outcomes
- A self-starter, with a driven personality, focussed on achieving outcomes
- A team player who is able to work independently when required
- Broad business acumen, with experience in risk management and compliance
- The ability to interpret and analyse market intelligence, form and effectively communicate a market view to distinct internal and external audiences including at board level
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 564791/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!