- Providing accurate financial and business management advice
- Implement new systems and procedures
- Great team support
A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Our client has been leading the development of Townsville’s economy and business professionals for a number of years.
Your Exciting, New Role
The Management Accountant assists with leading and managing the overall budgeting and forecasting process, by developing tools, templates and undertaking modelling and costings to support the Divisional Management Accountants and ensure consistency across all Divisions. The Management Accountant will also work closely with the Divisional Management Accountants in providing professional, strategic, financial and business management advice for planning and effective decision-making.
The Skills You Bring
Working with a team of high performers, you will:
- Assist in managing the overall budgeting and forecasting processes by delivering timely and realistic financial projections that align with agreed strategies and priorities and developing standardised business rules, definitions and terminology, tools and templates.
- Proactively analyse, interpret and report financial results, forecasts, budgets and performance to targets, communicating the identified insights/risks with key stakeholders.
- Undertake detailed analysis of results, forecasts and budgets ensuring data integrity and reasonability of assumptions and projections.
- Develop tools and templates to assist in modelling data, to ensure data integrity which includes collating, updating, analysing as well as validating data in order to design, present and implement solutions for appropriate fiscal management.
- Identify and evaluate business strategies, opportunities, risks and issues and assess their financial implications and wider operational impacts by undertaking relevant research and developing complex financial models and business cases.
- Maintain and enhance business intelligence data warehousing and enterprise budgeting reports and systems to ensure the suite of reports meet the needs of the business.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of key financial performance targets (KPIs, KPMs, OPTs and other metrics) and ensure an appropriate methodology and reporting framework is provided to communicate these results.
- Identify and facilitate continuous improvement of policies, procedures, assumptions and systems relating to financial management reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
What’s In It For You!
An outstanding opportunity to join a market leader is on offer along with a good salary package.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 15082/CC
Please click on the image below to apply now!