- Variety of challenging accounting tasks
- Providing accurate financial reporting and financial record‐keeping
- Great team support
A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Our client has been leading the development of Townsville’s economy and business professionals for a number of years.
Your Exciting, New Role
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of the taxation, investment, borrowings and treasury functions and ensuring compliance with relevant taxation law, accounting standards and policies and guidelines. You will prepare reports; provide analysis, monitor progress and adverse trends and provide appropriate recommendations or conclusions in addition to participating in cash forecasting and evaluation of acceptable risk parameters.
The Skills You Bring
Working with a team of high performers, you will:
- Provide specialist advice on all taxation, investment, restricted funds management, cash management and borrowings matters to all areas and develop, prepare and provide training programs to other business units.
- Proactively review new taxation legislation, rulings and proposed amendments to identify the impact of changes on policy and compliance.
- Liaise with relevant areas of the business to prepare, analyse and review taxation returns including FBT, BAS, Payroll Tax, Fuel Tax Rebate as necessary and develop effective reporting methods for taxation and legislative requirements.
- Establish, maintain and develop internal business controls, key performance indicators and operational documentation relating to team duties in accordance with approved policy and operating standards
What’s In It For You!
An outstanding opportunity to join a market leader is on offer along with a good salary package.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 15083/CC
Please click on the image below to apply now!